– On May 5th, 2018 the Oakland Athletics hosted their first Marvel Super Hero Day featuring a co-branded Black Panther Bobblehead
– The Athletics drew over 26,000 fans which resulted in a 23% increase in attendance over average
– The bobblehead was sponsored by Comerica Bank
– On September 10th, 2022, the Oakland A’s hosted their second Marvel Super Hero™ Day presented by Xfinity. This one of a kind activation featured,
– A limited-edition stadium exclusive legacy collection Black Panther Funko Pop! This was the first Marvel character Funko Pop giveaway of its kind
– The day also featured Marvel character appearances, photo opportunities, trivia, video board graphics and more!
– Fans had the opportunity to enter a Marvel Super Hero Day Sweepstakes*, that gave fans the chance to win 4 tickets to the Marvel Super Hero Day game, a customized jersey, and an exclusive player meet and greet!
– The Marvel Super Hero™ Day activation drew 11,107 fans, resulting in an 11 percent increase in attendance over average (avg. 9,965 / 30th in MLB).
The event was the the 5th highest attended Saturday game of the season at the time, and the 9th highest attended afternoon game of the season at the time. It was also the 18th highest attended game of season overall at the time.
In comparison to other A’s 2022 giveaway games, the Black Panther Funko giveaway was the 3rd highest attended game with a giveaway at that point in the season (1st 6/4 vs Boston 1972 Reunion Stadium Cup (att. 14,796), 2nd 9/9 vs White Sox LatinX and Hispanic Heritage Night Hat (att. 11,494).