– On March 5th 2022, the Philadelphia Flyers hosted their very first Marvel Super Hero™ Day sponsored by SeatGeek. This fully immersive program featured:
– An all fan poster giveaway
– An exclusive variant cover comic limited to the first 5,000 fans
– A special ticket package that featured a limited-edition t-shirt!
As part of the game-day experience fans were treated to special concourse and in-game activations, as well as Marvel-themed food offerings.
– All fans in attendance received a Flyers Marvel Poster paying homage to the iconic cover of Marvel’s Infinity Gauntlet #1 comic book.
Original art for the poster drawn by Marvel artist JL Giles.
– The first 5,000 fans also received an exclusive Gritty/Iron Man Variant Cover edition of the Avengers #53 comic book.
Cover Art was drawn by Marvel artist Ron Lim.
– Fans also had the option to purchase a special Flyers Marvel ticket package that included a ticket to the game and an exclusive Gritty/Iron Man t-shirt.
– At the time of the event the Flyers were ranked 16th in the NHL averaging 16,572 fans per game
The Marvel Super Hero activation drew 18,448 fans, resulting in a 11 percent increase in attendance over average on a Saturday afternoon vs non-traditional rival Chicago Blackhawks
The event provided a 6 percent increase over average for a Saturday game, and was the highest attended game since 11/26 vs division rival Carolina Hurricanes
The game was the second highest attended Saturday game, and the 5th highest attended game overall for the Flyers at the time
Attendance for the game was 24 percent higher than the previous home game with a promotion on Tuesday 2/22 vs St. Louis